Tuesday 3 April 2012

Carrier bag holders


Over the last week I have been working on orders and new designs for my shop. I have also been trying to remove some of the older items to make way for new ones and sometimes it's nice to have a complete change.

But I have one product in my shop that is and always has been popular. These are my free machine embroidered and appliqued carrier bag holders It's funny as I made them initially as a bit of a joke, but I think it has been one of my most popular items. Earlier this year I changed the fabric options, to keep things fresh and up to date, it was also to simplify things a little as my initial listing offered 8 fabric choices most of which were vintage and it was a bit too complicated on the stock control as each one uses a fair amount on fabric and I tend to buy vintage pieces in small sizes I almost had to buy more fabric every time I got an order. But that's all part of the learning curve and product development, I have plan now and a big stock of fabrics that are modern but in a vintage style.


I guess this bag holder has been popular because people are a bit more conscious of the environment and the importance of not just throwing plastic bags away, but re-using them each time we shop, the downside to this of course is a cupboard full of plastic bags, but they do squish down quite small therefore this carrier holder can hold loads.

 I think this is one item that is going to stay in my shop for a while yet. It is also available without the embroidered panel on the front. I make these for craft fairs in smaller quantities from the vintage fabrics I originally used so if you would like one of those you can message me, otherwise they are available from my notonthehighstreet shop


7 comments:

Moo and Mouse said...

I love them what a fantastic way to store your old bags.
I could do with a badge with that saying on I think : ) brilliant.
Emma x

Lorna May said...

not suprised they are a great seller, remember first seeing your stall at Warkton and it was these beauties that caught my eye.

{Dab and a dash.}

Unknown said...

Thank you Emma, I was just going to stock the plain ones but these have been so popular, I wonder if I should do badges?!

Cheers Lorna, I have no stock left for my next market and wasn't going to make any more for it, but I think I will now :)

Linds x

Kay said...

These are gorgeous. I have just found your website and love it. I love to look at pretty things for inspiration. I have been a cross stitcher for years and have decided that this year I will master the sewing machine too.

Unknown said...

Hi Kay, thank you for your kind comments I love that some of the things that I make might give some inspiration to others. I started off as a hand stitcher to and still enjoy doing the odd piece, but I don't really have the patience, machine stitching is far quicker, good luck with it, would love to hear how you get on :)

Mark Dawson said...

Thanks for your nice blog.great post Carrier bags

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.