Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 Craft a day challenge

Happy New Year to all my followers, friends and customers I sincerely hope you had a lovely festive break and are looking forward to the new year.

I have finally shaken off the cold that I have been fighting with for what feels like months and am up for a bit of a challenge. I am going to set myself a craft a day goal and I am going to blog about it. Now, for some of you that know me personally you will be thinking I have lost my my mind, but to make it possible I am going to loosely base the challenge around craft and handmade goodness. It is more about having a creative motivation and I don't want to set myself up for failure, my intention is to blog once a day about something I have made, been inspired by or maybe even something I have baked, grown or repurposed. I am planning for the odd occasion when I won't have made anything or baked, on those days I provide a tutorial or link to other blogs that I find inspiring and I hope you do too. If I am using a particularly interesting technique on a bigger project I will post about projects that might be in progress but not yet finished.

I hope you like the sound of my plan and pop along to see my makes throughout the year, I would love to hear your thoughts on the project and any feedback you have along they way :)

I am kicking off with a green and pink button bracelet that I have just made. I have been meaning to make one for a while and thought this was the perfect opportunity.

10 comments:

Lorna May said...

ooo lovely work and VERy brave challenge.Good luck can't wait to see the results.
I am setting myself the challenge of blogging daily.

{Dab and a dash.}

Unknown said...

Yes I never was one for having a paddle, more of a 'lets jump in the deep end, what's the worst that could happen?' lol!

Heather said...

Hi AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! I've just found this page as I have 'liked' you on your FB page. Looking forward to your craft a day postings. My intention this year is to blog at least once per month! Plonked you firmly on my blog list of reads now ( love your items too) I have so many buttons and ant to make some hearts for presents but I do not have the correct wire to do this with any suggestions would be great xx

Deanne said...

this is fab, cant wait to see what you have coming up :) x

Unknown said...

Thank you Quirky Boots! I reckon there will be a few links from me to your lovely pages for inspiration throughout the year :)

Heather thank you for following, I will be making some button hearts and blog in Feb for valentines. In the meantime I would recommend using an 18 gauge wire, it might be a bit tricky to get it through all of the holes but it will give you a better stability to work with and result in a more durable product. Hope this is helpful :) xxx

Thecraftytrundler said...

Look forward to seeing your blog & different makes! I am making a start today by tidying & sorting out my craft room. When you're busy making, you don't seem to have the time to tidy(Well that's how it is for me : D ). Think I need a bigger room, or to stretch the walls!!
Thanks for the tip on wire for the bracelet, I may have a go some day!

Sharon xx

The Patchwork Heart said...

Great challenge. ?. I am here watching and willing you on! As I go back to school and get swamped with busyness I miss my sewing machine and all the new ideas I have in my head will just have to wait!
Heather xxx

Unknown said...

Awe Heather thanks so much for your support :) I have another business as well and I know there are busy times ahead but I hope this might help me to stay focused and creative, that's the plan anyway xxx

Baban Cat said...

Good luck with your challenge. Lots of support here from someone who did something similar last July. It was exhausting but motivating.
Cat

Unknown said...

Thank u Cat :) I was trying to do the folksy challenge but failed miserably, hope to have more success with this, thanks for your support, much appreciated.
Linds x