They are super easy to make and could be done by hand, they are also a functional way of using scraps of fabric:
- Cut 2 x 5" squares from your chosen fabrics for as many bags as you need.
- With right sides facing stitch all around the outside using 1/2" seam allowance and make sure you leave about 1" gap, that is un-stitched.
- Snip the excess fabric from the corners to remove the bulk by cutting diagonally across the corner.
- Pull the fabric through the gap to turn the right side out. You may need a knitting needle to push the corners out.
- Fill with lavender (I use a funnel and a teaspoon as it's less messy).
- Use a ladder stitch in matching thread to sew up the gap. When you have sewn all along the gap insert the needle back into the bag as though starting the next stitch but and bring the needle up through the centre of the bag, pull the thread and snip off end as close to bag as possible. The thread will disappear inside.
- Hey presto a supercute lavendar bag for your smalls drawers (or you small drawers).