Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 40: Homemade Daily Challenge, Labels


Since I set up evajanie (Jan 2011) I really wanted to have some fabric labels made up to stitch into my products. I  search high and low but only found cheap and nasty ones that were printed or not sewn nicely which wouldn't sit well with the high quality products that I make and sell.

I use an all-singing-all-dancing Janome sewing machine and attempted to sew my own labels using one of the fonts but I wasn't happy with those results either. So I saved some of the money I had earned over the Christmas rush and splashed out on some from a British company called www.labelname.co.uk/ Firstly I was really impressed with their site and the options available, you can really get a bespoke order by using the drop down menu, there are a selection of fonts and icons, a choice of colours for both the text and for the background and you can pay using paypal, it was a really simple process. They took three weeks to arrive (you can pay more for a quicker option) but they were well worth the wait.



I have been super excitedly sewing them into my orders all week,  I love them :)


6 comments:

Cards by You said...

They are absolutely lovely and will really finish off your products. Just goes to show we don't have to order everything from China ;0) Sinead

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like them I think they're fab :) You're right, I too think it's important to order from the UK where possible, as if everyone ordered cheaply from abroad I would have no business!

Lindsay x

Sew,ray,me said...

Oh they're fabulous! May have to treat myself :)

Thecraftytrundler said...

They're great!!! They look unique to you, and to choose your own font is fantastic!!!!


Sharon xx

Moo and Mouse said...

Wow what beautiful things you make, I'm so glad I found your blog, lovely.
Emma x

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments and I am glad you have found me too!

Lindsay xx