Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bunting in a hurry!

A couple of weeks ago I got a message for a customer who wanted to order some cupcake bunting for a birthday, but it needed to be five metres long and say "Happy Birthday Katie" this is about four times the size of the usual personalised bunting I make, so I worked out how to amend my listing in my shop so that she could buy through not on the high street.com. and she placed the order that day.

I usually ask for 14 days to make the normal bunting, so to get this huge order done in the same time was going to be a challenge. I set about cutting out the triangles and bondwebbing fabrics to applique.

On day 8 I was enjoying a nice relaxing Friday night meal with my family with at the local pub when I got a message to say that the buyer had messaged me, it was a panicked message to say that they had just realised that they might not get the bunting in time for the Birthday suprise it was intended for on the Sunday. I had a slight panic and then decided that I didn't want to let anyone down, especially on their Birthday so I phoned the customer to reassure them and offered to stay up that night to get the bunting made and said I'd be happy to drive it to the place of the party on the Saturday morning so they would have it in plenty of time for Sunday, needless to say they were pretty pleased!!

Luckily it was the night of the Olympics opening ceremony so I had that to keep me company as I stayed up until 2am to get it finished.


I got up early on the Saturday morning and delivered it to Rose Narrow Boats near Rugby (about 30 miles from home) the party was going to be on a Narrowboat and my bunting was to decorate the boat, how lovely is that and what a great idea for a celebration?!


The customer was really pleased with the bunting and the service, I was super-pleased to see they left me some lovely feedback yesterday, so thought I'd share it with you:

"I cannot fault the service we received. Firstly I demanded a different length of bunting from that advertised and having emailed Lindsay, she immediately set up the new length. I then ran out of time and needed the bunting the next day for a 21st party. Lindsay was amazing and worked long hours to get the bunting finished and then delivered it personally to our venue the next day. I have never had such caring service. The bunting is beautiful. It is exquisitely made and worth every penny. Thank you so much."


Here are some snaps of the finished buntings.







It was really hard going staying up so late to get it all done, but I would have hated myself for letting anyone down. I'm delighted that I got it all made in time and the customer was so happy too :)

7 comments:

Thecraftytrundler said...

You're a star!!!! Well done!!! I can just imagine how happy that customer was!!! What a gorgeous location too : )
Have a great week!!

Sharon xx

scrappymo! said...

What a fun place to have a party. Your bunting must have looked fab on that boat!
Well done!

Unknown said...

Aww thanks guys! Yes it did look like a fab idea, really fancy doing it when Eva is a little older, there is also a lovely farm shop just down the road, which of course I couldn't pass by without a little visit!

xx

Deanne said...

so sweet to get a such deserved feedback for all that you did, and gorgeous bunting too x

khusbhu said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura said...

You must make a lot of sales :)

Unknown said...

Hi Laura, yes I ususally have a steady flow of orders for personalised bunting, it wasn't like this to start with though! x