Wednesday 1 February 2012

Day 32: Homemade Daily Challenge

At every opportunity I like to gift wrap the items I make. Whether it is a gift for a friend or family member, or even if it is an item I have sold I think it just adds the finishing touch to my designs. Even if it is just a small item I think a little tissue, twine and a card tag goes a long way. It shows that I care beyond just making the items I want the receiver to feel good about my product before they even open it :)

Wrapping items need not be a lavish expense, I don't spend a fortune on it at all, I keep a stack of plain white bleach free tissue paper and a huge reel of twine and a range of pretty but inexpensive ribbons. It only takes a few minutes to give each parcel the care and attention that it deserves. I also add a handmade tag to each package. I have a range of these and depending on the product I am wrapping I will choose an appropriate tag. Some are recycled cards as blogged on Day 5, others are stamped, I even hand draw some tags or adorn them with interesting buttons.



Today I have made some hand drawn flower tags with lovely buttons attached. I loved making these so much so I may even add them to my shop what do you think?



2 comments:

What I Created Next said...

Lovely tags and buttons and a great idea!!

Unknown said...

That's a real compliment coming from such a talent! Thank u, I do love buttons! xx