Tuesday 14 February 2012

Day 45: Homemade Daily Challenge, Happy Valentine's

Happy Valentine's Day! 


I hope you have at least received a card, even if it's from the cat! I haven't received anything this morning. But SquarePear Tony did buy me a nice new pair of boots on Sunday, not very romantic but practical all the same.

I am a bit more romantic and as you might have guessed I made my Valentine's gifts for him. The first gift I made are some little heart chocolates. I didn't actually 'make' the chocolate I just melted it and put it into little heart shaped moulds:


I bought a really cheap chocolate fondue set and thought it would be a bit rubbish, but we love it and it even came with some of the moulds that we needed for this. 




The mould supplied only made 8 chocolates so luckily I had another handy so I could make all the chocolates and refrigerate them in one batch.



We then decanted them into a little jar and dressed up a bit with a brown paper lid cover and jute twine. I also cut out a little heart gift tag. A really quick and inexpensive gift, that looks thoughtful but is very simple to make. If you don't have a fondue set you could easily melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.


I will tell you about gift no.2 tomorrow as it is still wrapped up at the moment.

5 comments:

Deanne said...

aw thats lovely lindsay, you could pop that into the jam jar collective flickr account too :) x http://www.flickr.com/groups/thejamjarcollective/

Unknown said...

lol! As you were typing that I was sending a request on flickr, great minds eh! x

Thecraftytrundler said...

Yummy!!!!! : D x

lisamarie (maytreelane) said...

that is a beautiful gift :)
our 8 year old got lots of chocolate moulds for christmas as she wants to own a sweet shop when she is bigger!!
hope you had a lovely valentines day x

Unknown said...

Awww that is lovely, it's wonderful that she enjoys making her own chocolates, I hope she gets her sweet shop. I must have got it all wrong as when I was a child I wanted a pub! Think it was just because I thought I would get free pop and crisps and wouldn't have to wait in the car! lol x